Wednesday 27 November 2013

A few Mail Art creations . . . . . . . . .

Over at Cardmaking Paradise,the theme for
 this month's Members swap was another of Sara's brilliant ideas,'Mail Art' envelopes.  Although I had seen and heard of Mail Art, I had yet to try it out.I had a wonderful time creating my envelopes, so much so that I made quite a few extras.  Members from around the world joined in with this swap and I'm sure it made the 'Posties' smile. I know that the ladies at my local Post Office were very curious about them. 
 Here are three of the envelopes that I made for my swaps.
Front view of my "Sunflower Collage" envelope
Back view of my "Sunflower Collage" envelope


Front view of my "Get Happy" envelope
Back view of my "Get Happy" envelope

Front view of my "Vintage Keyhole" envelope
Back view of my "Vintage Keyhole" envelope

 I had such a fun making my swaps, and see how they could could easily become an addiction,that I'm hoping we will do another one next year.

I am always looking at new and lovely blogs and found
one a while ago, but hadn't put a link on my blog yet, so here you are - make yourself a drink and settle yourself down to enjoy Astrid’s beautiful blog and her gorgeous creations.







4 comments:

  1. These are perfect works of art in their own right - and all so different and wonderful.

    And I was lucky enough to receive the sunflowers. I loved this swap too - and when I have finished my little Christmas glue book project I might well make some more Mail art - or maybe it will be time for some jewellery making to re-surface from my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved mail art ever since I heard about it some years back and these are simply stunning!! Never heard of that swap group though, so will check them out for sure! Love your colour tones and stencilling on thee ones specially!

    Oh and thanks for the link back to my blog, that was so kind, - I am just happy I found ours now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so gorgeous, Su!! I love all the techniques you used. Each one is unique and beautiful! I am totally inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations and all so different. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete